While multitudes of earthly beings sneak in a viewing of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” this holiday season, businesses should focus on the Force, as well. There are many lessons to be learned from the Star Wars saga, and its small but mighty master Yoda.
- Droids are everywhere – Much to Apple’s dismay, Android currently dominates the smartphone market with an 82.8% share. So, making sure your apps are available for iPhone and Android will help conquer all mobile users in your galaxy.
- Why be a Stormtrooper when you can be a Jedi Master? – Stormtroopers are clones with no discernible differentiators or voice, but Jedi Masters are knowledgeable, experienced, and can control their destiny by using the Force. No matter your planet (or industry), “A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind.” To be a master, tap into the unique voice and attributes that set your business apart and make the most of them.
- Your Lightsaber is your ultimate weapon – Or in your case, your pen is mightier than any sword. Shine a bright laser-focused light on your message to cut through the clutter and darkness. “This (Lightsaber) is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age,” Obi-wan Kenobi reminds us.
- Stay away from the Dark Side – “Fear is the path to the dark side.” Obsessing about destroying or trash-talking your competitors only detracts focus from the good work you are doing. Being a Jedi Master in your field should be the goal. “A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
- Use the Force – Pay attention to the data; statistics matter and quality analysis holds great power to help you make smart decisions and deliver what your customers need/want. From your website activity to advertising performance and social media engagement — keep an eye on what’s happening and make adjustments to improve. The Force is knowledge, so stay abreast of the universe in which your business operates, study to be the best, and share as much “goodness” as you can with the world.
- Strive to be Epic – Epic sagas are rare among movie franchises, and even more uncommon among businesses. Star Wars has evolved over four decades to stay relevant to new generations and capture the attention of new audiences. As we celebrate the 45th Anniversary of our agency this year, we know from experience that the key to making each chapter of your saga a success is adapting to meet new enemies, or challenges, and using the Force.
Whether you are traveling to a galaxy far, far away, or enjoying time at home with your family, happy holidays and “May the Force be with you” in the new year!